Get Well Card Messages
What to Write in a Get Well Card
When someone you know is ill, you can write them a get well card message to help him or her get better soon. Sometimes you might avoid giving a card because you can't think of what to write in the card. Many cards come with impersonal messages or don't express what you would like to say. Sometime you might make your own card.
In any of these cases, you can use the following get well messages to wish the ill a quick and full recovery. Change these to fit the person you are writing to and edit them as you need. Don't neglect writing an encouraging get well card message, just because you can think of how to write in the card. Write something well and your friend or family member will hopefully get well soon.
Get Well Messages
Use these get well messages for a coworker, friend, relative, etc. These are general enough that you can use them to get your get well message started and then fill in some more details. Maybe a coworker had a heart attack, maybe your mom is sick, or your sister has been diagnosed with cancer. Try to keep your message simple, encouraging, and positive. Your card message will likely help the person feel at least a little better.
Funny Get Well Card Messages
These funny get well messages are not always appropriate, but if you know the person likes to laugh you can try one. Laughter is the best medicine, right?
- You better get better. I'm sick of you being sick.
- I want you to get well soon, so I can come over and bother you.
- I always knew you were sick, but not this way. Stop being a sicko!
- I am sorry you are having to live with this illness, but it beats the alternative, not living with the illness.
- If laughter is the best medicine, then you should get a taste of your own medicine. Tell yourself some jokes.
- Who do you think you are taking time off work. You know you are going to have a lot more work when you come back.
- You are sick. It's about time you admit it.
- We hope you bounce back when someone drops you. Actually we hope no one drops you at all. Just get well soon.
- If your immune system was a lawyer, I would fire it. It doesn't seem to be defending you well enough.
- They say to drink a lot of water to get well, but don't you need to get a well so that you can have water to drink?
- Next to me, you're my least favorite person to be sick. That's because you make me just as miserable when you are sick.
- Take all the time off that you need in order to recover. Your work will be here when you are better. It will just be piled up really high.
- Get well cards are great at keeping you from having to shake hands or hug a sick person.
What if the Person Won't Get Well Soon?
If the person you are writing the message for isn't going to get well soon, it may be more appropriate to give him or her a thinking of you card or even a sympathy card. Writing a get well message for someone with cancer is a challenge. There is definitely a loss associated with deterioration of health, and the person may need comfort and encouragement more than a standard get well soon message. You can get ideas of what to write in a thinking of you card, and use those ideas in this case.