What to Write in a Birthday Card
Birthdays give us a chance to have a little fun when writing a birthday card message. No one should stress out about figuring out what to write for a birthday card, even if you are trying to impress your girlfriend or something. Birthday card messages should fall under a couple categories. You can write a funny birthday message or an encouraging birthday message.
When you write funny birthday messages, you don't have to make jokes about age. The best card messages are personal and have to do with something about the person. If you can't figure out what to write and the person is old enough to joke about age, then you can use one of the funny birthday messages below. If you are looking for sincere birthday messages you will find those also. You can also use something specific about the person when you write your message. This is usually the way to go if the person is having a milestone birthday.
General Birthday Messages
If you don't want to go with a funny birthday message, you can use one of these more serious and sincere messages.
Funny Birthday Messages
'Fire code only allows so many candles
Use these birthday card messages to give someone a laugh about their age or birth. Birthdays create a great time to make a birthday card joke.
- Scientists have found a strong correlation between the number of birthdays you have and your life expectancy. Here’s to your growing life expectancy!
- Some say “old is in the eye of the beholder.” I think it’s just cataracts. Happy Birthday!
- Birthdays are really just a celebration for the lucky people who have managed to keep themselves alive another year.
- You used to jump off the couch, jog five miles and end with a snack in the kitchen. Now you use a short cut to the kitchen.
- Each year you get a little further from acting your age. You’ll never grow old if you never grow up.
- All the people I know who have had birthdays each year ended up dead eventually, birthdays must be bad for your health. Happy birthday!
- Elections come every year, and this year I am nominating you for the birthday party.
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I think the birthdays might be an exception though.
- You begin and end this life in an ironically similar disposition, dependent on others to feed you and dress you, etc. Here’s to the in between years. Happy birthday!
- You remind me of the big redwood tree that you can drive a car through. You’ve been around forever, and you’re too stubborn and old to be going anywhere quickly. Happy Birthday!
- Your birthday marks a great moment. The moment I got a cool sister. (to a sister)
- I guess you're old enough to know... You were adopted, and you weren't really ever born. Just kidding. Happy Birthday! (to a brother or sister)
- I hired a fire fighter to be on call for your birthday party, so it’s o.k. to go ahead and light the candles.
- Your birthday suit still looks good on you. It still looks like it has been neatly pressed.
- Losing some of your visual acuity as you get older is nature’s way of hiding all of the wrinkles that you would see when you look in the mirror.
- From the time of childhood most people want toys for their birthday. It’s just that the price of those toys grows exponentially as they age.
- If I got you an all expense paid trip to anywhere, where would you choose to go? Travelling to the past when you were younger is not an option.
Birthday Messages for Mom
- "Mom, I want to let you know that you have been a great influence in my life, and you mean a lot to me. I hope you have a great birthday. Happy Birthday!"
- "I hope you have a blast on your birthday. You always made my birthdays fun as a kid, and I appreciate that. Happy Birthday"
- "Mom, it's a good thing you were born because I wouldn't have been born if you hadn't, so happy birthday to you and me."
- "Mom, the older I get the more I realize that you are really smart and that you have taught me a lot. I hope you realize that the older you get too. Happy Birthday."
- "Wishing a great mom a very happy birthday. You are the best mom I could have asked for."
- "Mom, I love you more than I usually show you. You mean a lot to me, and I appreciate you being there for me. I am not sure what else to say except, Happy Birthday!"