There may be nothing more romantic than writing a love poem for your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, or husband. Especially when you don't want to just write the simple "Happy Anniversary" of "Happy Valentines Day" message. Love poems are best used during romantic occasions, and are a cheap, yet effective, way to show how important someone is to you.
Steps for How to Write a Love Poem
- List all the positive qualities that you love about your significant other. For example, you might want to list that she has a heart of gold and is willing to spend time with you.
- List pleasant times you have had together. Then list some of the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings you had during those pleasant times. This will give your poem some artistic attributes, and build imagination.
- Focus your information on what you think is most important about your sweet heart. So, if you think she's great looking, but you really love the way she flirts, then focus your poem on the flirting and use her looks as a minor piece in the poem.
- Get started. It doesn't matter how you start, but you have to get started. I suggest focusing line by line at first, converting what you have already written into poem form.
- Revise. Look for awkward parts, lines that are too long, or cliche's such as "I love you to death." Then edit them into a concise piece for your girlfriend.
- Let someone else look it over if you are unsure.
- Make sure you present your message well. So, you can write it in a card, or you may need to come up with a different thing to write it one. You might even text message (SMS) your poem.